Wednesday 1 May 2013

April Makes

April was a fairly good month on the sewing front - lots and lots of bee blocks saw me caught up (finally), and I managed to finish a quilt and two cushions. Well, the Architextures one was technically a March finish, but I couldn't show you until yesterday, so let's say it's an April finish?



1. Reflected Textures Pillow, 2. winged square, 3. Bronwyn's block #2, 4. Nicky's April blocks, 5. Boat block, 6. Bronwyn's Block #1, 7. Charlotte's block #2, 8. Charlotte's block #1, 9. Sashiko cushion, 10. Mario full11. Not available12. Not available

A lot of my April sewing time has been devoted to piecing together and starting quilting my Retro Flowers - so although it's still a work in progress, it's getting closer to the finish line :o) I'm really hoping it will be done in time for the Blogger's Quilt Festival this month! It's also going to be my May goal in A Lovely Year of Finishes (and it's on my FAL list, so triple whammy!)


Linking up with Lynne

Lily's Quilts

and ALYOF
A Lovely Year of Finishes










xx Jess

15 comments:

Susan said...

oooh Retro Flowers is coming together beautifully! Those feathers are perfect!

Pat Merkle said...

Everything looks grand. Love the quilting on your retro flowers.

Nat at Made in Home said...

Everything is so beautiful!

Marit said...

l-o-v-e the Architectures pillow!

Nancy@owensolivia said...

Nice finishes!

Carla said...

I just love your retro flowers. Your mosaic looks fab too. Going to dig through my baskets today to look for a two colour fabric to start my block ; )

sarah elizabeth :: {no} hats said...

I *love* Bronwyn's block!! Don't know how I missed it with all the blog stalking of you I do ;)

Mareenchen said...

Love that pillow and the bee blocks were worth being caught up. They're looking fab. The quilting on the Retro Flowers is looking good. Fingers crossed all goes according to plan. :) Here's to May!

Kelly said...

Fab mosaic Jess!

Katy Cameron said...

Well done you, far more productive than me!

Annabella said...

Lovely makes Jess - I do love your cushion!! Excited to see the Retro Flowers tah dah too :)

Heather D. said...

Everything's beautiful. Especially those feathers. Remind me....do you do your FMQ on a regular sewing machine?

Heidi Staples said...

That pillow is absolutely fabulous!!

Catherine said...

Lovely finishes Jess

Jess @ Scrappy n Happy said...

You've been busy! The quilting on Retro Flowers is going to be stunning!