Wednesday 6 June 2012

Dreaming, not sewing

Wednesday again already? Absolutely nothing to show this week. I have hardly sewn in weeks (apart from a few very short bursts here and there). School holidays + kids not sleeping till 9 = zero sewing. Not really a problem normally but I do have commitments that need to be done (like last week!).

So what to do when there's no sewing time? Dream. And build stacks of loveliness, waiting for their turn.

Browns and blues destined to be a improv quilt someday.  Maybe soon. These fabrics have me excited :o) I particularly love how well the Echo fabrics play with the Saffron Craig prints there (all in RHS column).


Purples and yellows for another improv quilt. All based around this awesome Elk Landscape panel from Saffron Craig. 

Hopefully something to show soon! I'm determined to do a bit of sewing tonight (I'm getting grouchy which usually means I'm having sewing withdrawal ;o) ).

xx Jess


11 comments:

Jess @ Scrappy n Happy said...

Haha, Sewing withdrawals...I get that too!
Love that second picture with all the purple!

KellyS said...

I love that purple and yellow group! That panel fabric is gorgeous!

Jennifer said...

awe! those are fabulous, enough to motivate anyone, hope you manage to grab some time soon!!

Cherie said...

Such gorgeous fabric choices! Loving the purples and yellows! =D

I'm having a giveaway on my blog. Feel free to stop by and enter (if you haven't already) =D
http://ibescheraldine.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/official-150th-post-giveaway.html

Kirsten said...

Saffrons fabrics are so beautiful - love the purple and yellow combo!

Carla said...

They do look rather delicious : )

Deborah said...

These are very inspirational stacks of fabric. When you can't sew......arrange fabric! Sounds like a plan to me!

Cille said...

Ah... Blues and brown. Looking forward to see what comes out of this bundle.

Katy Cameron said...

Good luck finding that coveted sewing time!

LT said...

I know just how you feel my machine is tucked away right now and won't come put for another 2 weeks! And I'm too scared to put fabric stacks together since my 'to do' pile is all ready too big. So thanks for the eye candy it's just what I needed! Good luck finding some sewing time. I look forward to living vicariously.

Nicky said...

Lovely dreams - could you squeeze in a bit of cutting out so that you are at least ready to sew!?