Saturday 5 November 2011

Work in Progress: 1001 Peeps

This quilt is a labour of love. I feel like its taken forever, but now the bulk of the quilt top is done I feel like I'm finally getting somewhere with it. Please forgive the dodgy photos (I couldn't find a good spot to hang and photograph this...) The pattern I'm using for this is Fussycut Framed Fairytales by Kate Conklin - I'm not usually a pattern person, but this one really appealed to me and its perfect for this fabric.


It was fairly time-consuming to fussy cut each pair of blocks, but worth the effort I think.


I'm working on the floating squares border and I'm hoping I'll get the quilt top finished in the next night or two... But I'm really not sure how I'll quilt this one (so its probably going to wait a while me thinks - I need to think of the perfect way to do it!)

happy stitching,
Jess

2 comments:

amy said...

It's fantastic Jess!!! Love it!! Keep at it, you'll love it when it's finished! :)

Jess @ Elven Garden Quilts said...

@amy
Thanks so much! Yours is really inspiring me to get it finished :)